Here’s some free Prozac for your aura. I feel much better now, thank you.
When I found out I was having a girl, I cried. Not because I don’t like girls, but because I am a girl, and I’m kind of a psycho, so I was afraid, and that’s why I cried.
She, thankfully is not very much like me. Or, if I may be so
annoyingly unrealistic and shortsighted bold, and brag, she took only my best qualities, for sure.
As you know, she just started kindergarten. And consequently, she just started scaring the shit out of me.
There was a day of other kids making fun of her. I was terrified. Surely she couldn’t be the kid that gets targeted! Right? So scary.
Then there was the girl who was bossing her around, then giving her presents.
I’m not ready for codependency!!!
Then, this morning she told me I’m starting to look a little bit old. That’s OK, I know it’s true, and I embrace aging as gracefully as I can. That didn’t scare me, but what did was that she then started to cry and asked me if I was going to die soon.
I don’t want her to be afraid of me dying, or death at all, for that matter!
Every step of parenthood is an adventure for sure. So in light of this, I took a little time to think about my scary daughter, and was led to finding some good books to help us deal with changes of life, and here’s what I found:
The Mountains of Tibet
Oh, and also, I spent the weekend teaching her how to play softball. No one messes with softball bitches.
My next task, go outside, lay in the hammock and look at stars (before it gets too cold) with her before bed.
Good luck parents, we’re in this together!
I have to say, I kind of hate Fall. I know I’m alone here. When I was a kid, I had extreme anxiety over going to school.
So, now when I feel Fall weather coming on, it sort of subconsciously brings me back to those days.
Plus, I have an old drafty house with oil heat, so I dread all those oil bills.
This year, however I feel a little differently about Fall. Brooke is in Kindergarten now, and she absolutely loves it. She’s helping me change my attitude about school.
Also, I’ve figured out a few tricks to keeping warm in my house. A small space heater and a heating pad are making me feel very happy (but also a little bit old, oh well…).
And lastly, never underestimate the power of looking hot in the Fall! I recently did a little shopping for beauty products, and they’re helping me stay positive. I’ll tell you about them one by one!
First, let me just share with you, the ultimate, absolutely best lip gloss I have ever used. If I buy something more than once, you’d better believe it’s because it’s fantastically awesome. I’ve just purchased my second tube. What is it, you ask? It’s NYR Organics. Not only does it make you look and feel pretty, but it’s full of healthy, safe ingredients. And, it smells so nice, not too strong, just lightly citrusy. And it tastes nice. It’s awesome.
Here are more awesome things about this magical lip gloss that cures seasonal depression:
– It gives you lips a sheer wash of very flattering color (no matter which color you use, I swear, they all look good on everyone) that can be layered for more impact.
– It sort of dries on your lips, so it stays, but your lips just feel hydrated and smooth. I have lips that can get dry and flaky, and there’s something in this gloss that keeps that from happening. It protects them!
– The tube makes it really easy to put on while you’re driving. I’ve used glosses that have a little brush thing, and you need a mirror. The kind you put on with your finger is a mess and you need both hands. The fact that it’s easy, makes me put it on even when I’m rushing, so I always feel put together.
The color I just bought is called Damson, and it is so perfect for Fall. I’ve had 2 people stop me and ask what I’m wearing. That is good!
If you want to try this, pretty please order from my rep, Jennifer. She is awesome, so pretty and nice, and she helped me decide on which color to buy. She is good, and here is her website:
And more specifically the link to the glosses would be:
Happy Fall! xoxo
Progress is a fickle thing, and can be tough to harness. But, thanks to a spurt of belief in myself, combined with a feeling of accomplishment after finishing a big project, I took 8 hours for my business, and finally finished my logo, and the website is in progress! I’m so excited!!!
Here’s a peek at the logo…
What do you think? It’s weird, I know, but I am weird.
You can also follow the progress of this endeavor with these links:
We’ve hit a major milestone, and reached 200 posts on Yin Mom, Yang Mom! Allie and I have learned so much about life, support, community and artistic expression in the last 10 months. This blog has been an adventure for us both, and we have so many more milestones that we’re looking forward to reaching.
As a special thank you to the amazingly supportive, friendly and sweet people who have followed us on this journey, we’re offering a big, amazing giveaway!
One lucky reader will receive……
A SUPER SPECTACULAR GIRL’S PARTY EXTRAVAGANZA PACKAGE!!!!!
Here’s what’s included:
1. You’ll receive this absolutely adorable, gorgeous, sassy and sweet tutu (size 2-5 years), hand crafted by Whitney at Little Dreamers Tutus. My daughter sported one of her beautiful creations on her 5th birthday in June, and she was such a shining star!
2. You’ll also receive 2 dozen custom cookies, made by the cookie genius herself, Yin Mom, Yang Mom’s own ALLIE! If you haven’t checked out her Flickr stream yet, you’re missing out, here it is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweetiebirdbakeshop/sets/. She offers an assortment of flavors and can do any design/theme you’d like, which you can discuss during your consultation. Please plan for a 2 week lead time + 2-day shipping on your order.
3. And lastly, 1 custom designed party invitation made by moi, Mere! Here is an example of the invite I designed for my Brooke’s 1st birthday, but we can figure out the details as far as colors, theme, etc. during our consultation. Once the design is ready, I will provide you with the final artwork files in digital PDF format. Please plan for a 2 week lead time.
Here’s what you need to do in order to enter:
2. Please Like Whitney’s Facebook page for Little Dreamer’s Tutus: http://www.facebook.com/littledreamerstutus
3. And lastly, please visit Little Dreamers Tutus Etsy Shop, and then come back over here, and leave a comment on this post letting us know which one of her creations is your favorite!
One winner will be picked at random, and all of the steps listed above must be followed to qualify.
One entry per reader, please. This giveaway closes September 7th, and the winner will be picked at random.
Best of luck! xoxo!
Sniff… I feel a little emotional. I’m going to visit my best friend since high school, all by myself, for four days tomorrow. This is a major milestone for me. Ever since I became a mom and was slapped with the extent of time and effort our beautiful miraculous children require, I always took comfort from the fact that some day, my babies would grow big enough to handle me going away for a little me time. The time has come!
While I will surely miss my beautiful family, I love me some Karen. This is us when we first met, and not a lot has changed since then.
I am a little nervous about the whole trip, but I keep reminding myself that I live my life FEARLESSLY, and I’m here just to be, and to experience it. I know it’s going to be wonderful.
Until next week, XOXO!